1. The Association for Scientific Advancement in Psychological Injury and Law (ASAPIL) is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and values your privacy and recognizes the sensitivity of your personal information.
2. Our employees share the same concerns.
3. Together, we work towards protecting your privacy.
2. Basic Confidentiality Policy
1. Whenever personal information is required for use of the website or in interacting with the website it is ASAPIL policy that information, such as your name, postal and e-mail address or telephone number, is private and confidential.
2. The personal information you provide is stored in a secure location, is accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used only for the purposes for which you provide the information, such as to reply to your request or to send you requested materials.
3. Note that the membership roster is a benefit of membership.
5. The roster's information is based on that information that members have indicated is publishable and it is available to other members in the members-only section.
6. If you also indicate in joining our association that you would like to receive announcements and notices from us, your personal information will be added to the appropriate mailing list.
7. If at any time you change your mind and would like to add or remove your name from the mailing list, or correct your personal information, please email us.
3. No Release of Information to Third Parties
1. Personal information collected as a function of this website will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provide the information or if such release is required by law.
2. Note that the membership roster is available to members and affiliates of the association in the members-only section.
4. The roster is compiled from information provided by members for the purposes of searching for and contacting colleagues, for making referrals, etc.
4. Collection and Use of Information
1. The ASAPIL site requires you to provide certain personally identifiable information in order to use certain "Members Only" features and functions of the site.
3. The information you provide may include information provided during the membership registration process, including contact information, (such as your name, address and email address) and financial information, such as a credit card number, if you order products or services through the site.
4. This information will be used to process your order and if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order.
5. You agree and acknowledge that your order may be processed, fulfilled or serviced by third parties other than the association and you understand that such third parties are not limited by the association in their use of the information provided to them to process, fulfill or service your order.
6. Therefore, in order to process, fulfill or service your order, you expressly consent to our sharing your information with any necessary third parties.
7. ASAPIL may use your contact information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your membership, registration, or any orders you may place, for instance.
8. You may also be contacted by us or our agents regarding additional services and features, or we may request your feedback about your experience with us.
9. We also reserve the right to make your contact information available to third parties whose products and services you may find useful.
10. If you prefer that we do not use your contact information as described in this paragraph, you may send us an email at any time.
5. No Computer Tracking of Identifiable Information
1. The association’s website does not track, collect, or distribute personal information about visitors to it.
2. We may regularly compile aggregate statistics that show the number of visitors to our site, the requests we receive for particular information on our site, and the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from which those requests come.
3. These aggregated statistics are used by internal technical support staff to improve the website in an ongoing effort to provide better information and services to the public.
1. Like most web sites, the association site uses "cookies" to allow you to move more quickly through the site.
2. We use this information only for purposes of planning and tracking, as well as assisting the technical function of our site.
3. By understanding how our site is accessed, we can continually improve it to respond to user's interests.
6. Please note that cookies may be necessary to enable you to use certain features on the site.
7. Third Party Websites
1. The ASAPIL website may provide you with links to the websites of third parties, although we do not necessarily advise that you are linking to another website.
2. In the event you choose to access such web sites, we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
4. ASAPIL assumes no responsibility nor does it control, endorse, or guarantee any aspect of your use of any linked site.
2. We may also contact you by email with any changes.